pinterest pin it

Sunday, September 25, 2011

More Ukraine Travels

Trident ('Tryzyb') in lights, Kyiv, Independence Day 2011

I had an opportunity to visit Ukraine again immediately after Bead Fest in Philadelphia. Traveling through different time zones via Paris made it possible to arrive in Kyiv on Aug 24th, Independence Day. This was the 20th anniversary, an important milestone, but a strain was felt after a tumultuous day of celebrations.




20th Anniversary of Independence commemorative stamps
The timing of this trip was perfect because it gave me another opportunity to personally photograph new regions of Ukraine for my ongoing photo essays. While preparing a new "Tour of Gerdany Regions in Ukraine" PowerPoint, I thought it would be nice for viewers to tour all of the country to better appreciate the regional differences. "Ethnographic Regions of Ukraine" came together quickly using most of my own photos from various visits to half of Ukraine.

Premiered together with "Ethnographic Regions", Aug 2011

Here was my chance to add Crimea and the Black Sea, as well as the scenes along the drive back to Kyiv.

No comments:

Post a Comment